The Sins of the Fathers

    In a move that surprised even me, I started to update this story.

    I'd posted scenes from chapter ten on LJ a fair time ago, but never followed it up. I've now rewritten that chapter which now needs an Alpha check before being Beta read. I've also sorted out the ending. Its not the ending I'd planned - that disappeared in a dodgy backup- but up its close. There's a couple of new twists as well.

    All being well, it'll make some sort of appearance this weekend.

    ETA

    Alpha read has brought up a few issues mainly caused by the odd year or so before starting the chapter and trying to finish it. But things are progressing and hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

    Comments

    Nice!

    Good to hear!
    I may have to reread from the beginning to refresh my memory in the meantime.. :-)

    - SC

    parakletos's picture

    SiblingCreature wrote: Good

    SiblingCreature wrote:

    Good to hear!
    I may have to reread from the beginning to refresh my memory in the meantime.. :-)

    - SC

    I had to reread as well!

    rachel's picture

    Great to hear!

    I could not believe it when I read this. I was so sure you would never go back to that story. So glad you did! It's a terrific story. Looking forward to reading this again.

    parakletos's picture

    rachel wrote: I could not

    rachel wrote:

    I could not believe it when I read this. I was so sure you would never go back to that story. So glad you did! It's a terrific story. Looking forward to reading this again.

    Nor did I, but I wanted to write and that was the easiest ting to go back to.

    Chapter order

    The chapter numbering for SotF here on metafic seems somewhat messed up, the chapters appear out of order on the story page, and you can't easily navigate from one to the next.

    Also the chapter for the 4th of September seems to be missing. (the chapter labelled as such is a duplicate of the previous chapter) I've switched to reading it on PhoenixSong.net for now but you might want to see if you can get that fixed up.

    - SC

    parakletos's picture

    SiblingCreature wrote: The

    SiblingCreature wrote:

    The chapter numbering for SotF here on metafic seems somewhat messed up, the chapters appear out of order on the story page, and you can't easily navigate from one to the next.

    Also the chapter for the 4th of September seems to be missing. (the chapter labelled as such is a duplicate of the previous chapter) I've switched to reading it on PhoenixSong.net for now but you might want to see if you can get that fixed up.

    - SC

    Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and sort that out. I had my first stab at the last chapter today, so progress is being made.

    parakletos's picture

    Chapter order

    I've fixed the chapter order.

    There are more chapters at PS than here. I think there were issues affecting then authorising of chapters at the time so I only updated on PS and LJ.

    parakletos's picture

    Chapter 10 now in beta

    Finally finished the chapter and sent it off for beta.

    Not sure of the turn around time as its been a long time since I did this.